Ideas for Small Bathroom Design
Having limited space does not mean you cannot transform your bathroom into a standout area of the home. It only requires a little amount of creative thinking and a list of workable small bathroom ideas to give your bathroom personality and aesthetic value. In terms of decorating, there a few tricks to make your bathroom design ideas into a reality. You don�t need a large space to make a big impact and neither do you need expensive and sophisticated materials to create the desired effect.
Ideas for small bathroom design
- Transform a plain, standard mirror into a standout feature with decorative trim. An ornate mirror frame will echo a traditional European vibe for your compact bathroom.
- A vintage wooden pedestal can work as a perfect base for a small vessel sink and a wall-mount tap to create a glamorous powder room. The narrow countertop offers the place for assorted toiletries with a large mirror that spans the length of the vanity wall to prevent the space from looking cramped and crowded.
- Small bathroom design ideas also include doing away with heavy shower curtains and replacing them with a simple glass panel. This makes the bathroom appear larger without having to add space.
- An empty corner can be transformed into an area for a modern vanity with a stylish vessel sink and contemporary style tap. This little corner that is often ignored in bathroom makeovers can be the focal point of your small bathroom ideas.
- If you want the towel rack to be off the countertop, design a cabinet drawer as storage for the cleaning supplies and other bathroom accessories with a towel rack mounted on the inside of the cabinet door.
- With clever use of contrast, you can create drama to a compact bathroom space. A brown and white patterned wall paper makes a striking statement against the traditional white tiles and furnishings. You can also add cutouts of the wallpaper on doors of the vanity.
- Bathroom design ideas also include cabinets below and above the vanity to make excellent use of the space. The vanity is usually long enough to accommodate ample primping space and some cabinets with opaque glass fronts to give it an open and airy feel.
- Squeeze out valuable storage with the cost of a major remodeling job by turning the wasted spaces on walls into handy shelving units. Even the unused area above the tub can be fitted with narrow shelves to contain bathing accessories. Not only do you maximize the small bathroom space but you turn your bathroom into a sleek and stylish room.
- Mirrors have always been used to create space and you can visually expand the size of your bathroom with mirrors and reflective surfaces. A metallic vessel sink and some shimmering hardware can add the glamorous effect.
- What a bathroom lacks in size can be made up for by some feminine touches like a bowl of freshly-cut flowers, decorative soaps, extra towels and pretty curtains. These are simple decorative touches that are not only effective but friendly on the budget.
- Decorating with white is one sure small bathroom design idea that is a surefire way to make the room appear larger. However, the lack of color often makes the bathroom look uninviting and cold. An all-white bathroom can get a dose of warmth with bold lime green and buttery yellow accents. A black chair next to the pedestal sink can provide the dramatic contrast.
Small bathroom ideas in choosing wall color
If the bathroom looks dull and faded, repainting can be the best and cheapest solution to refresh its condition. However, most people have difficulty in choosing color due to the wide range of choices available. Besides that, one has to adjust the color of the toiletries to match the chosen paint. The first step in deciding what color paint is best is to choose the color that brings a comfortable ambience for the whole family. Make sure the colors match the existing furnishings whether by choosing the same color or a neutral shade. However, you can also choose a contrasting color between the walls and the furniture for a dramatic effect.
Creating a minimalist bathroom design
Minimalist bathroom design is popular in the world of home d�cor since it brings a neat atmosphere in your bathroom. To create the minimalist design, you can begin with simple tools and make sure that everything is clean and uncomplicated. You may add some of your favorite trinkets but the important thing is to try and make the bathroom as neat as possible. Neutral colors like black, white and cream are more frequently used with sink material in glass, metal, stone, granite or porcelain. Lights and windows are very important as they are able to bring in a natural atmosphere which is really the most important element in minimalism.